Global Blockchain Competition, Singapore 12 March 2018
Building on three years of successful consecutive competitions, True Global Ventures is excited to announce 3rd Global Fintech competition this coming spring (March 12th).
After the success of previous disruption in financial services series, the last competition being in Stockholm at Nasdaq OMX, True Global Ventures will organise its 3rd Global Blockchain Competition in Singapore.
There are 5 Blockchain categories, Blockchain-Financial Services, Blockchain-Infrastructure, Blockchain-Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain-Entertainment, "Nikola Tesla Innovation" Blockchain category.
The competition will hold several high calibre key jury members of the same level as jury that have been part of the Stockholm competition.
Jury members that have already confirmed are:
1. Jalak Jobanputra, Founder, Managing Partner - FuturePerfect Ventures
2. Yale ReiSoleil, CEO - ReiSoleil McAFee Crowdchain
3. Ankur Kamalia, Head of Group Venture Portfolio Management / DB1 Ventures - Deutsche Börse (Eurex)
4. Tom McNerney, Partner – True Global Ventures, (Former MD & Cofounder – Markit)
5. Joo Seng Wong, Founder & CEO – Sparks System, Partner - Vickers Venture Partners & True Global Ventures
6. Steve Monaghan, Chairman & CEO – Gen.Life, (Former CIO – DBS, AIA)
7. Claire Calmejane, Director Innovation and Digital Centre of Excellence - Lloyds Banking Group London
8. Frank DESVIGNES, Founder & CEO – AXA LabAsia
9. Dusan Stojanovic, Founder & Director – True Global Ventures
10. Drew Andrich, Principal – American Family Ventures
11. Daniel Tu, President - Gen.Life (Previous CIO - Ping An)
11. Alex Kimura, Chief Strategy Officer - Aviva
12. Marco Barth, VP Group Strategy & Business Development - Scout 24 Group
13. Joe Seunghyun Cho, Cofounder & CEO – Marvelstone & Cofounder & Chairman - Lattice 80
14. P. Bart Stephens, Blockchain Capital LLC - Co-founder & Managing Partner
15. Jane Zhang, Founder & CEO - Shellpay
16. Tomasz Kurczyk, Digital Transformation Director - AXA Singapore
17. Vincenzo Ciummo, CEO & Partner - VC Growth Partners
18. Philip Glickman, Regional Head of Commercial Payments Asia pacific - Mastercard
19. Yannick Even, Head of InsurTech Solutions Asia - Swiss Re
20. Sven Laepple, Founder ASTRATUM, Blockchain Angels Germany
21. Dipen R Metha, Head Digital Innovation APAC - Amazon Web Services SG
22. Jonathan Cai, Former Investment direcotr - Penta Investments
23. Eu Khoon Ang, Cofounder & Managing Partner - Q investment partners
24. Petter Sehlin, Founder - Youcal
25. Hendrik Schwartz 金泓宇, Managing Partner - Sanpei Ventures
26. Viveka Ekberg, Private Investor
27. Rik Willard, Argentic Group - Founder
28. Yat Siu, CEO - Animoca Brands
29. Kelly Choo, Founder & CMO - Neeuro
30. David Yue, CEO - Sky Fund (Cryptofund) / Skycoin
31. Rich Brenner, Chairman - Woodside Capital Partners
32. Lukas Petrikas, SVP, Group Strategy - HKEX
33. Wei Zhou, Managing Partner - FZ Global Partners
34. Martti Granberg, Head of Market Development - BBVA
35. Pranav Seth, SVP, Digital & Innovation - OCBC
36. Bruce Ellliot, Managing Director - Boston Ventures
37. Gerald Mackenzie, Credit Suisse - Head of Innovation, Business Transformation
38. Roland Schwinn, Executive Director - Deutsche Börse (Eurex)
39. Soo Boon, Founder & Managing Partner - iGlobae Partners
40. Nicklas Ilebrand, Head of Products (Personal Banking) - Nordea
41. Stein Erik Nordmo, Vice President - Telenor Financial Services
42. Benedicte N Nolens, Senior Director, Head of Risk & Strategy - Securities and Futures Commission
43. Rajat Agarwal, Vice President - Matrix Partners
44. Sandhya Devanathan, Country Director – Singapore & Regional Lead - Ecomm, Travel & Finserv – Facebook
45. Yo Nakagawa, Executive Director, Global Management Committee Office - Monex Group Inc.
46. Morgan McKenney, Head of Core Cash Management - Citibank Asia Pacific
47. Eric Feddal, COO ASEAN - British Telecommunications
48. Shailesh Naik, Founder & CEO - Matchmove
and many more!
We are stringing together FinTech trends and what Financial Institutions in the future might look like. We showcase growth stage FinTech startups, identify future Blockchain trends and help bring the industry together. For this particular competition, True Global Ventures is looking for the most driven start-ups in the Blockchain space in the categories of:
- Blockchain-Financial Services
- Blockchain-Entertainment (Gaming, Media, etc.)
- Blockchain-Artificial Intelligence (Hint hint: a huge crypto exchange pondered a use case of AI for customer support)
- "Nikola Tesla Innovation" Blockchain Category (Cryptocurrencies that are energy efficient & similarly ambitious projects)
Investment criteria to be selected are:
- Company is based in cities we cover: Silicon Valley, New York, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Mumbai, Berlin, London, Paris & Stockholm.
- Founder needs to be a serial entrepreneur (exceptions for outstanding start-ups with solid team background)
- Start-ups can be both pre-revenue and post-revenue
- For pre-revenue companies: should have done at least a seed round of 1 million dollars in funding
- For post-revenue companies: need to have at least 1 million dollars in revenue and start-up founded within last 3 years)
There will be a winner of each category and one overall winner of the competition that will be selected by the jury (see above) which comprise Venture Capital firms, Alternative Investors including crypto-investors, Chief Innovation Officers, Corporate Ventures, and business leaders from banks, finance, insurance and other FinTechs.
In addition to the marketing/networking opportunities that may arise, there will also be cash prizes.
Deadline: Applications need to be sent in by Friday, 2nd of February 2018.