Disruption in Banking - 22nd April, Berns Stockholm
True Global Ventures have held highly praised Disruption Banking events in Stockholm (10 November 2015), London (20 January 2016) and Paris (21 January 2016). Upcoming events are confirmed for San Francisco (18 April 2016), Stockholm (including Nordics, 22 April 2016) and finally in Beijing (11 May 2016).
The most prominent fintech experiences in Europe, Asia and the US will be presented. Disruption Banking Stockholm will be a nordic event featuring entrepreneurial stories from founders of USD+100M revenue fintech companies, the latest trends in fintech, insightful panels and a nordic fintech growth stage startup competition. Competing companies are growth stage fintech companies in the Nordics and companies abroad with Nordic founders.
08:30-09:00 Breakfast & Registration
09:00-09:05 Welcome Address
Fredrik Oscarson, Head of Deloitte Digital
09:05-09:30 Global Fintech Hubs and the Evolution of Fintech Segments with focus on Blockchain
Dušan Stojanović, Founder of True Global Ventures, European Angel of the Year 2013 awarded after 3 Fintech exits in a week (total of 9 Fintech exits out of 18 investments). Awarded Top 100 Fintech leaders in Asia 2016.
09:30-10:20 Entrepreneurial Stories - Each panel member has founded and ran fintech companies from scratch to revenues of approximately 100MUSD
Jacob de Geer, Founder & CEO of iZettle
Ola Johnsson, CFO of Bima (Milvik)
Jostein Svendsen, Establised Bankia Bank ASA, one of the earliest successful banking concepts in the Nordics
10:20 - 10:35 Coffee Break
10:35 - 10:55 Asia Trends
Shailesh Naik, Founder of Matchmove - Leading remittances and lending to the underbanked. Based in Singapore, it is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in Asia
10:55-11:15 Transforming an Offline Company to an Online Company
Dan Ouchterlony, Investment Manager of Schibsted
11:15 - 12:00 Enterprise Use Cases within Underbanked, Blockchain, KYC, Compliance and Big Data
Daniel Döderlein, Founder & CEO of Auka (acquired by SpareBank1)
Pavel Bains, CEO of Bluzelle Networks - Blockchain/Ripple/Ethereum
12:00 - 13:15 Networking Lunch with Table Seating
13:15-14:00 London Trends
Nigel Verdon, co-founder of Currency Cloud
Giles Andrews, co-founder of Zopa, the first P2P lending site in the world
14:00-14:15 Competition Kick-Off
Frida Jonsdottir, Fintech specialist at Deloitte’s Fintech hub “The Grid”
Oscar Stibeck, Partner of True Global Ventures
Erik Tobieson, Partner of True Global Ventures
Kristian Hansson, Partner of True Global Ventures
14:15-15:45 Growth Stage Fintech Finals - 5 fintech growth stage finalists to present their growth stage fintech company & a winner will be voted by the audience
- Cloud Insurance: Cloud Insurance is a Software-as-a-Service platform for the insurance industry, with extensive policy and claims management capabilities. Cloud Insurance aims to be truly globally scalable, and is already in use in 15 countries across 5 continents. The solution is highly data driven, emphasizes direct customer involvement, and offers the flexibility needed to create new and unique insurance products. The Cloud Insurance team is based in Oslo, Norway.
- Zervant: Zervant provides intuitive invoicing software for small businesses, freelancers and entrepreneurs. To date, Zervant’s software has over 90,000 business users in 160 countries. Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Zervant was founded in 2010 and has raised over 4 million of venture capital and angel funding.
- Instantor: Instantor offers a fast and convenient Bank API to obtain information from a person's bank account from over 150 banks in 12 countries. Use the information to evaluate a person’s creditworthiness when there is a lack of official registers with information regarding income or when such register contains non-satisfactory data.
- Billhop: Billhop is an SaaS payment service provider which enables companies and private individuals to pay their bills/invoices by credit card
- Lendify: Lendify operates the leading online marketplace lending platform in Sweden and is in the strongest position to become the leading marketplace across the Nordics. Lendify focuses on unsecured consumer loans to the prime segment ( borrowers with high credit worthiness) and has a strong core team with a mix of top talent from entrepreneurship, credit scorig, IT development, digital products as well as investment banking.
Victor Kotnik, Managing Partner Consulting, Deloitte
Ji Bo, Assistant Dean, Global Executive Education, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
16:00 After-Event Networking and Drinks
As we are hosting a crowd from all over the Nordic region, we have made some extra space for meet and greets with a dinner the evening before by special invitation, a “fika” before the event, a mingle lunch and some afternoon drinks to end the evening.
Venue and accommodation
Kammarsalen, Berns Salonger Main Entrance, Berzelii Park, Stockholm. For out of town guests accommodation is available at Berns Hotel. firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 5663 2291. All our guests receive a 15% discount, include “Event2016” in your booking.
Competition and applications
True Global Ventures is welcoming applications to crown the most promising growth stage fintech company in the Nordics. Applications will be shortlisted by our international jury (more to be added later) who will select 5 finalists to compete during the event. The winner will be chosen by the audience.
Dusan Stojanovic - Business Angel of the Year 2013 - Founder True Global Ventures
Tom McNerney - Co-founder Markit (MRKT on Nasdaq, market value $5B) - Partner True Global Ventures
Richard Brenner, Bay Area - Co-founder Bridge Bank, +50 angel investments - Partner True Global Ventures
Joo Seng Wong, Singapore, Co-founder and Chairman of M-DAQ, from Jan 2010 to Nov 2015
M-DAQ has grown to a S$250 million Series C investment round with a paid up cap of $70 million. Partner True Global Ventures.
Sam Myers - Balderton Capital, a European Venture Capital fund focused on early-stage investments.
Seth Pierrepont - Accel Partners, a Venture and Growth equity firm funding companies from inception through the growth stage.
Pascal Bouvier, CFA - Venture Partner, Santander InnoVentures. Santander Group’s Global Fintech fund.
Criteria to enter
- Based in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland or a fintech company abroad with a Nordic founder.
- Fintech - Blockchain, Security, KYC, Compliance, Regulation, Insurance, Payments, Underbanked, Big data or others (Wealth Management, P2P lending and crowdfunding).
- Raised at least $1M in funding
- Have existing customers and revenue stream
- Founded within 5 years
- Business Model
- Problem Solved & Description of Solution.
- User case of paying customers/partnerships